2012 College Student Interns
Learn more about the Tribal Energy Program's 2012 college student interns, including their educational backgrounds, research papers, testimonials, and photos.
Nora Cata (Seneca-Cayuga)
- M.S. Environmental Studies, San Jose State
- B.A. Environmental Studies, University of California—Santa Barbara
Research paper: Sustainable Rural Electrification on the Navajo Nation: What Makes a Successful Off-grid Photovoltaic Installation?
Chelsea Chee (Navajo)
- M.S. Community and Regional Planning and Public Administration, University of New Mexico
- B.S. Environmental Studies, University of Arizona
Colleen Cooley (Navajo)
- M.S. Climate Science and Solutions, Northern Arizona University
- B.S. Environmental Studies, Northern Arizona University
Research paper: Mitigating Climate Change on a Tribal Level
"I came to realize that renewable energy adoption is a learning process for everyone involved….Each tribe had its own motivations and perspectives with implementation as unique as the individual cultures themselves."
— Nora Cata