The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in developing clean, affordable, and reliable domestic wind power tap into enormous energy-saving potential across the United States. Explore EERE's wind power successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's wind power research is award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's research in wind power advances clean energy in big ways.
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work in wind power is improving the lives of people across the country.
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in wind power open new possibilities to save energy on large scales. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- California and Washington: Utilities Receive Honors for Innovative Wind Deployment
- Maine: United States Launches First Grid-Connected Offshore Wind Turbine
- University of Michigan Gets Offshore Wind Ready for Winter on Lake Michigan
- Mitigating Potential Environmental Impacts of Energy Development
- Expanding Educational Opportunities for the Wind Energy Workforce