The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in developing sustainable, emissions-free, and cost-effective water power open new possibilities for this reliable, renewable resource. Explore EERE's water power successes below.
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work in water power is improving the lives of people across the country.
- Nevada: Kingston Creek Hydro Project Powers 100 Households
- Hydropower Generators Will Deliver New Energy from an Old Dam
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in water power open new possibilities to save energy on large scales. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- Nationwide: Mapping the potential of U.S. Ocean Energy
- Massachusetts: New Report States That Hydrokinetic Turbines Have Minimal Environmental Impacts on Fish
- Vortex Hydro Energy Develops Transformational Technology to Harness Energy from Water Currents
- Making Wave Power Efficient and Affordable
- Tapping the Power of Alaska’s Rivers
- Free Flow Power Partners to Improve Hydrokinetic Turbine Performance and Cost
- Columbia Power Technologies, Inc. Deploys its Direct Drive Wave Energy Buoy
- Establishing a Testing Center for Ocean Energy Technologies in the Pacific Northwest
- Measuring the Impact of Tidal Power Installations on Endangered Beluga Whales