The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in developing more efficient and less expensive solar energy technologies translate into easy access and large-scale energy savings. Explore EERE's solar energy successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's solar research is award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's research in solar energy advances clean energy in big ways.
- Washington: When Life Gives You Solar, Make Syngas
- California: TetraCell Silicon Solar Cell Improves Efficiency, Wins R&D 100 Award
- New Mexico: Solar Glare Hazard Analysis Tool Maximizes Energy Production, Wins R&D 100 Award
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work in solar energy is improving the lives of people across the country.
- Arizona: Solar Panels Replace Inefficient Fossil Fuel-Powered Energy Systems
- Maine: Energy Efficiency Program Helps Generate Town's Electricity
- Missouri: EERE Funds Help Offset City Electricity Expenses
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in solar energy have enormous energy-savings potential in a wide range of climates. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- DOE-funded GT Advanced Technologies Finds Opportunity in Smart Phone Market
- SunShot-Supported Companies to Build One of the World’s Largest Module Factories
- Nationwide: Slashing Red Tape To Speed Solar Deployment for Homes and Businesses
- California: SunShot-Supported Technology Maximizes Taxpayer's Investment
- Washington: Putting More Solar on More Rooftops in Washington State
- Solar Junction Develops World Record Setting Concentrated Photovoltaic Solar Cell
- Silicon Ink Technology Offers Path to Higher Efficiency Solar Cells at Lower Cost
- Alta Devices Develops World Record Setting Thin-Film Solar Cell
- Helping Ensure High-Quality Installation of Solar Power Technologies
- Advancing State-of-the-Art Concentrating Solar Power Systems
- EERE-Funded Project Aims to Stabilize the Energy Grid