The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in developing more efficient and less expensive solar energy technologies translate into easy access and large-scale energy savings. Explore EERE's solar energy successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's solar research is award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's research in solar energy advances clean energy in big ways.
- Washington: When Life Gives You Solar, Make Syngas
- New Mexico: Solar Glare Hazard Analysis Tool Maximizes Energy Production, Wins R&D 100 Award
- California: TetraCell Silicon Solar Cell Improves Efficiency, Wins R&D 100 Award
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in solar energy have enormous energy-savings potential in a wide range of climates. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- California: SunShot-Supported Technology Maximizes Taxpayer's Investment
- Nationwide: Slashing Red Tape To Speed Solar Deployment for Homes and Businesses
- Washington: Putting More Solar on More Rooftops in Washington State
- Solar Junction Develops World Record Setting Concentrated Photovoltaic Solar Cell
- Silicon Ink Technology Offers Path to Higher Efficiency Solar Cells at Lower Cost
- Alta Devices Develops World Record Setting Thin-Film Solar Cell
- Advancing State-of-the-Art Concentrating Solar Power Systems
- Helping Ensure High-Quality Installation of Solar Power Technologies
- EERE-Funded Project Aims to Stabilize the Energy Grid