Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Successes
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in advanced fuel cell and hydrogen technologies pave the way for the adoption of cleaner fuels and more efficient energy storage in vehicles and buildings. Explore EERE's hydrogen and fuel cells successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's hydrogen and fuel cell research is award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's work in hydrogen and fuel cell technologies advances clean energy in big ways.
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work on hydrogen and fuel cells is improving the lives of people across the country.
- Nebraska: Company More than Doubles Annual Sales and Employees
- DOE and the U.S. Department of Defense Demonstrate Fuel Cell Backup Power Units
- EERE and Auto Manufacturers Demonstrate and Evaluate Fuel Cell Vehicles
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in hydrogen and fuel cells set the stage for technology adoption. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- New York: EERE-Funded Project Used on Toyota Vehicles
- California and Connecticut: National Fuel Cell Bus Programs Drive Fuel Economy Higher
- Manufacturing Facility Opened Using EERE-Supported Low-Cost Fuel Cell Manufacturing Methods
- Advancing Fuel Cell Technology at Los Alamos
- MA3T Model Application at ORNL Assesses the Future of Fuel Cell Markets
- University of Colorado-Boulder Researches Solar-Thermochemical Hydrogen Production
- PNNL Advances Hydrogen-Fueled Vehicle Technologies
- Alternate Fuel Cell Membranes at the University of Southern Mississippi
- Exploring Hydrogen Generation from Biomass-Derived Sugar and Sugar Alcohols to Reduce Costs
- Low-Cost Production of Hydrogen and Electricity