The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in technology commercialization and deployment, cost reduction, and better practices to save energy in homes address an important need to adopt clean, efficient, energy-saving solutions where we live. Explore EERE's successes in homes below.
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work on residential efficiency is improving the lives of people across the country.
- Tennessee: Bringing Jobs and Economic Development to Piney Flats
- New York: Weatherizing Westbeth Reduces Energy Consumption
- Massachusetts: Investments and Awareness in Home Energy Assessments, Weatherization, and Solar Lead to City Savings and Job Creation
- Washington State Energy-Efficiency Appliance Rebate Program (SEEARP) Spurs Local Economy, Promotes State-Wide Partnership
- Oregon State Energy-Efficiency Appliance Rebate Program Helps Low-Income Families
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress save money by saving energy within our homes. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.