The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in finding, accessing, and using U.S. geothermal resources effectively and consistently pave the way for widespread adoption of this energy resource. Explore EERE's geothermal successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's geothermal research is award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's geothermal research advances clean energy in big ways.
- California: Next-Generation Geothermal Demonstration Launched
- Nevada Deploys Grid-Connected Electricity from Enhanced Geothermal Systems
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress in geothermal technologies. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- Northern California: Innovative Exploration Technologies Yield Geothermal Potential
- Energy Department Develops Roadmap to Help Spur Geothermal Energy Development
- Nevada: Geothermal Brine Brings Low-Cost Power with Big Potential
- Readily Available Data Help to Overcome Geothermal Deployment Barriers
- California: Geothermal Plant to Help Meet High Lithium Demand
- New Geothermal Exploration and Management Tools
- Colorado Firm Develops Innovative Materials for Geothermal Systems
- Oregon: DOE Advances Game-Changing EGS Geothermal Technology at the Newberry Volcano