The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in technology cost reduction, highly efficient methods and materials, and construction planning for commercial and multi-unit residential buildings have huge energy-saving potential. Explore EERE's buildings successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's successes in buildings technology and deployment improvements are award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's buildings research and partnerships advance clean energy in big ways.
- California: Heliotrope Technologies Wins R&D 100 Award for Universal Smart Window Coating that Saves Energy and Increases Comfort
- Tennessee: Ground-Source Heat Pump Receives Innovation Award at AHR Expo
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's work in commercial and multi-unit residential buildings is improving the lives of people in communities across the country.
- Idaho: Nez Perce Tribe Energy-Efficient Facilities Upgrade
- Connecticut: Bridgeport Multifamily Weatherization
- Nevada: Vegas Retrofits through Building America Enhance Home Performance
- Texas: City of San Antonio Demonstrates Value of Greater Investments in Clean Energy
- Georgia: Data Center and Historic Municipal Building Go Green
- Oregon: Clean Energy Works Coordinates Energy Efficiency Efforts
- Washington: RePower's Energy Dashboard Spurs Change on Bainbridge Island
- Washington: Community Power Works is Building a More Efficient Seattle
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's research advancements, developmental breakthroughs, and deployment progress pave the way for more efficient and cost-effective methods of saving energy in commercial and multi-unit residential buildings in the years to come. Learn more about these successes below.