The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's (EERE) successes in developing sustainable, cost-competitive biofuels, bioproducts, and biopower translate into clean, affordable fuels for the cars and trucks of today and tomorrow, and products and power that can help reduce dependence on fossil fuels. Explore EERE's bioenergy successes below.
Milestones and Awards
EERE's successes in bioenergy technology advancements and deployment are award winning and nationally recognized. Learn more about how EERE's bioenergy research advances clean energy in big ways.
In Your Communities
EERE's projects have tangible positive impacts on homes, businesses, and organizations across the United States. See how EERE's bioenergy work is improving the lives of people across the country.
- California: Advanced 'Drop-In' Biofuels Power the Navy's Green Strike Group
- Washington: State Ferries Run Cleaner With Biodiesel
Research, Development, and Deployment at Work
EERE's successes in technology advances, development breakthroughs, and deployment progress make way for cost-competitive and sustainable bioenergy products that spur a clean, domestic energy economy. Learn more about these breakthroughs below.
- Washington, D.C. and Tennessee: Bioenergy Technologies Office Announces Launch of New and Improved KDF
- California: Breakthrough in Algae Biology
- California and New Mexico: Sapphire Energy Advances the Commercialization of Algae Crude Oil
- Nationwide: The Nation’s First Commercial-Scale Biorefineries
- Washington: Enabling the Successful Transition of Microalgae from Lab to Pond
- California: Cutting-Edge Biofuels Research and Entrepreneurship Provide a Proving Ground
- California: Agricultural Residues Produce Renewable Fuel
- Louisiana: Verenium Cellulosic Ethanol Demonstration Facility
- Refining Bio-Oil alongside Petroleum