Renewable Power Purchases and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
On Demand Training
Renewable Power Purchases and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) is an online webinar offered by FEMP to help Federal agencies increase renewable energy consumption to meet Federal requirements.
Presented by Chandra Shah of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), this 90-minute webinar offers insight into leveraging renewable power purchases and RECs to meet Energy Policy Act of 2005, Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) of 2007, and other Federal mandates. Specifically, this session outlines:
- Federal Renewable Energy and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Goals
- Options for Meeting Renewable Energy Goals
- Renewable Power/REC Purchase Benefits
- REC Definitions, Overview, and Procurement Options
- Purchasing Renewable Power in a Competitive Electricity Market
- Regulated Utility Green Pricing Programs
- Renewable Power and REC Purchases Toward GHG Goals
- Case Study Examples and Additional Resources
Date recorded: June 23, 2011
- Chandra Shah, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
|Take the Training||After the Training|
|Take Exam and Get Certificate|
For additional information, contact Eliza Hotchkiss at 303-384-7309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop. This seminar will explore solid-state and LED lighting developments, with an emphasis on indoor and troffer applications.
This course covers PV technologies typically installed at Federal sites along with installation options, PV module ratings and testing, and warranties. Roof vs. ground mounted PV arrays, fixed vs. tracked PV arrays, and other options are discussed in terms of logistical, technical, and economic considerations.