Executing Utility Energy Service Contracts: An Advanced Guide
On Demand Training
A Utility Energy Service Contract (UESC) is a mutually beneficial partnership between a Federal agency and a utility for the purpose of energy management services. This course has been developed for Federal energy management and contracting/acquisition personnel seeking advanced skills in executing UESC contracting, including letters of interest, justification and approval requirements, preliminary assessments, feasibility studies, performance assurance, and project execution and closeout. This course reviews contracting language and available templates in detail and discusses advanced best practices.
By completing this course you will have a demonstrated knowledge of:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESCs) and how they can help to meet site goals for energy efficiency, water efficiency, renewable power generation, and demand reduction;
- Follow best practices in contracting for major UESC tasks including Preliminary Assessments, Feasibility Studies, Project Design and Implementation processes, Performance Assurance, Final Acceptance, Invoicing Approval and Payment Processing, and Project Closeout;
- Demonstrate mastery of how to use FEMP/GSA templates and forms to streamline the contracting tasks associated with the development and implementation of a UESC; and
- Work step-by-step with your utility partner to implement a Utility Energy Service under a GSA Areawide contract or other appropriate contracting vehicle.
This e-learning course is hosted on the Whole Building Design Guide (WBDG) learning management system. To take the course, click the Start button below. Then log into the WBDG system to launch the course and take the multiple choice assessment. Students will earn .50 IACET CEUs upon successful completion of the course and assessment.
- Karen Thomas, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Read bio.
|Take the Training|
For more information, contact Beverly Dyer.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
This webinar is for agency personnel responsible for the administration of an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) task order contract during the performance period through contract closeout.
Gain knowledge of the current legislative drivers relative to ASHRAE standards and which buildings fall under which standard. Learn about major changes in the most recent versions of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and the International Energy Conservation Code. Understand the actual requirements for new federal buildings and learn whole building simulation to maximize energy efficiency while maintaining cost effectiveness.