Goal-Based Contracting for Energy Efficient Buildings
On Demand Training
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop.
Register now to learn about ways to implement performance-based contracts that achieve high-performance buildings with low energy profiles. Learn about upfront contract provisions that lead to measurable performance benchmarks in building construction and operations.
Discover techniques that result in:
- Innovation by design teams and contractors to incorporate energy efficiency as part of the design/construction process
- Minimal additional cost to achieve significant energy savings (in the range of 50% reduction)
- Owners who are focused on project management, rather than solving design/construction problems
- Strong communications between owners, design teams, and contractors
- Best practices, examples, and lessons learned from real experiences in implementing this process.
FEMP CEUs awarded upon successful completion of a multiple choice assessment.
Credit and Certificate of Completion:
This FEMP First Thursday Seminar is hosted on the Whole Building Design Guide (WBDG) learning management system. To take the course, click the Start button below.
To take the multiple choice assessment and print your certificate of completion, register for an account on the WBDG at http://www.wbdg.org/account/register.php.
If you already have a WBDG account, simply log in at http://www.wbdg.org/account/login.php.
Once logged in, go to http://www.wbdg.org/education/fempfts022013.php. Then scroll down, and follow the instructions for taking the assessment and downloading a certificate.
- Paul Torcellini, Group Manager for Commercial Buildings Research, National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Read bio.
- Jason Koman, Technology Program Specialist, Department of Energy Building Technology Office. Read bio.
|Take the Training||After the Training|
||Sign into the WBDG to take quiz and get certificate|
For more information, contact Joe Konrade at firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
Webinar provides an overview of the Guiding Principles for reducing environmental impact of materials for existing high-performance sustainable buildings.
Webinar provides an overview of the Guiding Principles for enhancing indoor environmental quality.