Data Center Profiler (DC Pro) Tool Training
The Data Center Profiler (DC Pro) Tool Training webinar provides information about how to use the DC Pro Tool suite to profile data center energy use and identify energy-efficiency actions.
The tool is used to identify and evaluate energy efficiency opportunities in data centers. DC Pro is designed for data center owners and operators to diagnose how energy is used in their data centers and determine ways to save energy and money. DC Pro features advanced data center profiling algorithms developed with data center experts at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory that allow users to perform preliminary energy assessments of data centers.
This webinar includes:
- Data center energy profiles: Estimate the end use energy breakdown and identify opportunities for improved energy and operational efficiencies in data centers
- Estimate data center PUE: Generate power usage effectiveness (PUE) estimates to assist with data center benchmarking and optimization
- Energy savings recommendations: Generate a list of potential project opportunities that provide guidance on data center best practices
- Cost savings: List of energy-related cost savings for each system including, IT, cooling, power chain, etc.
More information about DC Pro can be found on the Center of Expertise for Energy Efficiency in Data Centers.
- Rod Mahdavi, Program Manager, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Read bio.
|Before the Training||After the Training|
||Take Exam and Get Certificate|
For more information, contact Sean Morash.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
Learn how to utilize life cycle cost analysis (LCCA) to improve Federal economic-based decision making, determine the total cost of ownership of project alternatives, and make informed decisions on energy and water efficiency investments. In addition, participants will apply key requirements and supplemental economic measures to federal investment decisions such as those for individual and interdependent building system acquisitions for new construction and major renovations. A video tutorial will demonstrate how the latest version of the Building Life Cycle Costing (BLCC) software can turn readily available inputs into sound investment decisions.
This course covers the best known methods for reducing the energy-intensity of data centers by utilizing server-virtualization, optimizing the temperature within the data center, selecting energy-efficient cooling options, how to arrange server racks and aisles and many other efficiency opportunities. It emphasizes the need for server administrators to work with, rather than independent of facility operators.