In-Person Workshop: High Performance Sustainable Buildings Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings
The In-Person Workshop on High Performance Sustainable Buildings (HPSB) Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings is a one-day FEMP training session to provide step-by-step guidance on complying with the Guiding Principles. Executive Order (E.O.) 13514 requires at least 15% of each agency's existing facilities and building leases (above 5,000 gross square feet) to meet the Guiding Principles by the end of fiscal year 2015, and that the agency makes annual progress toward 100% conformance with the Guiding Principles for its building inventory. To meet this goal, most agencies must upgrade at least some portion of their existing building stock.
The HPSB Guiding Principles also has been incorporated into the Federal High Performance Sustainable Buildings Checklist (or Guiding Principles Checklist), now available through EPA's ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, an interactive web-based tool that allows users to track and assess energy and water consumption across entire building portfolios.
In this training session, agency and building-level personnel will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of the HPSB Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings.
- Learn the basic steps to use EPA’S Portfolio Manager and the Federal HPSB Checklist embedded within Portfolio Manager to track progress and document compliance.
- Receive guidance and solutions to help agencies comply with the HPSB performance requirements.
- Learn about alternative financing to implement energy conservation and sustainability measures without using appropriated dollars.
- Participate in a building tour scheduled of SLAC
This is a live training offered in-person for Federal employees and contractors only. Note that no webinar or remote access is available.
IMPORTANT Security Clearances: All Federal employees and contractors must show a government issued ID card (state or federal) to enter the building. Non-federal contractors need to show government issued ID. All must be U.S. Citizens.
Location: SLAC- National Accelerator Laboratory, 2575 Sandhill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025
The workshop will be in the Panofsky Auditorium. Free parking is available.
- Carol Meincke , Architect and Strategic Planner , Sandia National Laboratories. Read bio.
- Michael Myers , Sustainable Buildings Expert , Myers Verde Company. Read bio.
|Before the Training|
For more information:
For more information, contact Mike Myers at email@example.com
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
This webinar will show a step-by-step approach to placing a utility energy service contract (UESC) task order under a U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Areawide Contract.
The Introduction to Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESC) Webinar provides attendees with an overview of the contracting options and services available from their local utility companies to engineer, finance, and install cost-effective energy and water savings projects.