Data Center Training for Designers and Operators Live Training
The workshop on data centers is a full-day training that focuses on opportunities for improving energy efficiency in data center facilities. This is targeted for data center designers and operators, and facilities operators.
The topics covered during this training include:
• Performance Metrics and Benchmarking
• IT Equipment and Software Efficiency
• Monitoring and Dashboards
• Data Center Environmental Conditions
• Airflow Management
• Cooling Systems
• Electrical Systems
Finally, participants will tour NREL’s world class data center in the Research Support Facility (RSF), where the high-efficiency features that were discussed during the training are implemented. To read more about the RSF data center, visit: Reducing Data Center Loads for a Large-scale, Low-energy Office Building: NREL’s Research Support Facility
Preference will be given to Federal employees first.
IMPORTANT Security Clearances: All Federal employees and contractors must show a government issued ID card (state or federal) to enter the building. Please note: foreign nationals will need special security clearance and need to alert the organizers ahead of time.
• Location: National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO
• Time: 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time
• LUNCH: Lunch will be not be provided. There will be a lunch break. There is an on-site cafeteria where participants can purchase a variety of lunch items.
Additional information and registration confirmation will be sent prior to the workshop.
- Otto Van Geet , Principal Engineer , NREL. Read bio.
- Ian Metzger , Lead Engineer , NREL. Read bio.
- Kevin Donovan .
- Steve Hammond , Director of the Computational Science Center , National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Read bio.
- David Martinez , Sandia National Laboratory. Read bio.
|Before the Training|
For more information, contact Rachel Romero at Rachel.Romero@NREL.gov.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
This year’s Spring Federal Utility Partnership Working Group (FUPWG) Seminar will be offered for the first time as a webinar. This is a great opportunity to learn more about FUPWG and FEMP’s Utility Program. We also invite utility contacts to participate and gain a better understanding of the benefits of becoming involved in FUPWG.
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop. This seminar will cover ways to implement performance-based contracts that achieve high-performance buildings with low energy profiles. Learn about upfront contract provisions that lead to measurable performance benchmarks in building construction and operations.