In-Person Workshop: High Performance Sustainable Buildings Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings
The In-Person/On-Site Workshop on High Performance Sustainable Buildings (HPSB) Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings is a one-day FEMP training session to provide step-by-step guidance on complying with the Guiding Principles. Executive Order (E.O.) 13514 requires at least 15% of each agency's existing facilities and building leases (above 5,000 gross square feet) to meet the Guiding Principles by the end of fiscal year 2015, and that the agency makes annual progress toward 100% conformance with the Guiding Principles for its building inventory. To meet this goal, most agencies must upgrade at least some portion of their existing building stock.
The HPSB Guiding Principles also have been incorporated into the Federal High Performance Sustainable Buildings Checklist (or Guiding Principles Checklist), now available through EPA's ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, an interactive web-based tool that allows users to track and assess energy and water consumption across entire building portfolios.
In this training session, agency and building-level personnel will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of the HPSB Guiding Principles for Existing Buildings.
- Learn the basic steps to use EPA’S Portfolio Manager and the Federal HPSB Checklist embedded within Portfolio Manager to track progress and document compliance.
- Receive guidance and solutions to help agencies comply with the HPSB performance requirements.
- Learn about alternative financing to implement energy conservation and sustainability measures without using appropriated dollars.
This is a live training offered in-person for Federal employees and contractors only. Note that no webinar or remote access is available.
IMPORTANT-Security Clearances: All Federal employees and contractors must show a government issued ID card (state or federal) to enter the building. Please note: foreign nationals will need special security clearance and need to alert the organizers ahead of time.
- Location: National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO
- Time: 8:30 to 3:30 MT
- LUNCH: Lunch will be provided for Federal employees. While Federal contractors are welcome to attend the workshop, ethics rules prevent DOE from providing a no-cost lunch to Federal contractors. Sandwiches are available for purchase at shops on the first floor of the building for contractors.
|Before the Training|
For additional information, contact FEMP via e-mail.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
Building Automation Systems for Existing Federal Facilities provides Federal Facility and Energy Managers with the knowledge and competencies to contract for the design and installation a Building Automation System (BAS) in an existing Federal facility, including the ability to apply General Services Administration (GSA) Smart Building Standards into the goal setting process and design objectives.
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop. This seminar will explore solid-state and LED lighting developments, with an emphasis on indoor and troffer applications.