Renewable Power Purchases and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
Renewable Power Purchases and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) is an online webinar offered by FEMP to help Federal agencies increase renewable energy consumption to meet Federal requirements.
Presented by Chandra Shah of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), this 90-minute webinar offers insight into leveraging renewable power purchases and RECs to meet Energy Policy Act of 2005, Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) of 2007, and other Federal mandates. Specifically, this session outlines:
- Federal Renewable Energy and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Goals
- Options for Meeting Renewable Energy Goals
- Renewable Power/REC Purchase Benefits
- REC Definitions, Overview, and Procurement Options
- Purchasing Renewable Power in a Competitive Electricity Market
- Regulated Utility Green Pricing Programs
- Renewable Power and REC Purchases Toward GHG Goals
- Case Study Examples and Additional Resources
- Chandra Shah, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
|Before the Training||Take the Training||After the Training|
|Take Exam and Get Certificate|
For more information, contact Eliza Hotchkiss.
You might also be interested in the following course(s):
The FEMP Technical Assistance Portal course will briefly describe what the technical assistance portal is, what it does, who uses it, and how to use it.
Renewable energy, leveraged from natural, renewable resources, delivers electricity, heating, cooling, and other applications to Federal facilities and fleets. This course focuses on the planning and implementation of distributed-scale renewable energy projects, those smaller than 10 megawatts. The course outlines a detailed 10-step process from technology screening to project closeout. Explored are online tools and resources available for the selection of cost-effective renewable energy projects on federal sites.