AEPS System Planning
The Alternative Energy Product Suite (AEPS) System Planning tool is a software application for the design, modeling, and simulation of electrical power systems with an emphasis on renewable energy sources (solar, wind, and hydro). The application calculates power generation, consumption, and storage for modeled systems. Power and cost data can be analyzed to optimize the modeled system based on user objectives and priorities.
- The Modeling capability supports graphically constructing an electrical power/alternative energy system consisting of site, generation, storage, and load components, including electrical conversion and control hardware. Models can support on-grid and off-grid systems.
- The Simulation capability generates, consumes, and uses grid and stored power based on the behavioral characteristics and usage profiles (e.g., wind speed, insolation, power generated, power consumed, and storage capacity) captured in the system model components.
- The Data Analysis capability provides tables and graphs showing energy production versus energy consumption, energy storage behavior, grid power usage, energy consumption by load device, etc., for comparative analysis, system sizing and balancing, and system design optimization.
- The Cost Analysis capability captures material and installation costs and rebates, and supports a variety of utility rate plans. Based on these inputs, cost results (including break-even cost and date) are calculated. Cost tradeoffs can be performed based on user/customer objectives and priorities.
electrical system, renewable energy system, planning and design software, modeling, simulation, energy usage, system performance, financial analysis, solar, wind, hydro, behavior characteristics, usage profiles, generation load storage calculations, on-grid, off-grid, residential, commercial, system sizing, utility rate plans, rate comparison, utility costs, energy savings
A basic understanding of electricity, electrical systems, and renewable energy systems is recommended. Training is available through videos accessible via the website.
New application with fewer than 500 users worldwide.
- Alternative energy (solar, wind, hydro) system dealers, designers, installers, consultants, and contractors.
- Energy auditors and analysts.
- Architects, electrical engineers, homebuilders, and remodelers.
- Educators and trainers. Educational organizations can obtain institutional licenses and assistance in integrating projects into their curricula. Student licenses are also available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Actual and design elements for configuring a system model (electricity loads, generation, and storage elements), energy usage, cost inputs. Default data are available for most user inputs.
System models are exportable. A variety of tables and full color graphs are available showing performance results for individual and cumulative load, generation, and storage system model components. Cost analysis results can be saved as .csv files. Runtime data and charts are available when a simulation is being run.
Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7
Mac: OSX 10.5.x, OSX 10.6.x
Java, Java FX
Application performance calculations can use high-level or detailed system model inputs.
Simulation time-steps of one hour and usage intervals in minutes enable highly accurate performance results.
Application outputs support energy and economic analysis/tradeoff activities that result in a system optimized to the customerís needs and requirements.
English only. Additional and enhanced capabilities are planned for the professional version.
Alternative Software Concepts, LLC
P.O. Box 30488
AEPS System Planning - Basic Edition costs $69.
AEPS System Planning - Standard Edition costs $399. This price includes free software and data updates through the release of the next major version.
AEPS System Planning - Professional Edition is targeted for release in the first quarter of 2012.
Institutional and student licenses are available to qualifying entities.