Comprehensive general purpose computational fluid dynamics program. PHOENICS simulates fluid movement and heat transfer for a wide variety of applications. For building services its use includes:
- Smoke spread and ventilation in buildings
- Fire modelling in and around buildings
Internal Air flows:
- In air conditioned or ventilated spaces
- Car park ventilation systems
- Thermal comfort
External flows in:
- Urban and industrial pollution studies
- Contaminant spread and containment
- Deposition of airborne sediment
- Environmental impact studies
FLAIR is a reduced version of PHOENICS for use in analysing air flows in air conditioning and ventilation systems and fire or smoke spread. PHOENICS and FLAIR were both developed and are owned by CHAM (Concentration Heat and Momentum) in the UK and ACADS-BSG are the agents for their release in Australia and S. E. Asia. Screen Shots
computational fluid dynamics, air pollution, smoke and fire, air flow
The program requires considerable experience and knowledge of computational fluid dynamics.
Many users world wide, 10 companies in Australia and New Zealand.
HVAC design engineers, fire engineers, local government and university teaching departments.
Through the PHOENICS 3D graphical front end:
- The geometric details of the domain and details of the CFD model to be used.
- Details and locations of each object including blockages, plates, inlets, outlets, air diffusers, etc with their attributes.
- Details of the domain grid, and the relaxation, initialisation and other settings required for the simulation.
User can add their algorithms to the calculations and objects can be imported from AutoCAD or generated with a Shape Generator. The program can use rectalinear or polar co-ordinates. A wide range of solution models are available and there are a number of add-ons available for specific special applications.
The program solves for pressure, temperature, velocity, contamination or smoke and indeed any fluid property desired to be determined and through the PHOENICS 3D graphical Results Viewer, these are displayed with a facility to view any of the solved variables on any slice through the domain and to plot isosurfaces and streamlines.
WINDOWS 98/NT/2000/ME/XP and LINUX
The program has the benefit of many years of continuing development.
Although very comprehensive, it requires some additional HVAC objects and capabilities for it�s specific use in building services design.
ACADS-BSG Pty Ltd
18 High Street
+61 (3) 9885 6586
+61 (3) 9885 5974
Contact ACADS-BSG or visit web site for more information. Price on application. Perpetual, annual and leasing options available. Demonstration copy available for $200.