An interactive design environment for building energy evaluation and optimization.
The software is designed and maintained by a multidisciplinary team of architects, physicists, and engineers as part of the whole-building design process.
Building physics are understandable to architects, building designers, and nonspecialists.Screen Shots
Building Energy Efficiency; Early Design Optimization; Architecture Oriented; Life Cycle Analysis
Based on the European standard “Thermal performance of buildings” EN ISO 13790, Swiss SIA 380/1, and the “Building Energy Efficiency Rating Certificate” SIA 2031. Certification N° 0982 (OFEN/BFE : http://www.bfe.admin.ch/energie/00580/00605/index.html?lang=fr&dossier_id=00689).
500 professional licenses, schools, and universities in Europe and abroad
EnerCAD is useful for teaching and should be used in the predesign stage and optimization of of building projects. The software is designed for large-scale dissemination in technical schools and universities, and among architects and building physics consultants.
EnerCAD offers default values for all input and extensive building material, wall, and window libraries. The graphical user interface is designed as to meet the specific requirements of architects and structured in a way to facilitate input and avoid errors.
- Immediate feedback on the effect of any parameter describing the physical properties of the building envelope
- Access to several presentations of output (annual and monthly heat balance, both graphical and numerical, sankey diagram, tables)
- Global building analysis and optimization
- Evaluates the effects of passive solar components such as glazing and transparent insulation
- Includes several tools (solar geometry and shading, U-value calculation, window calculator)
- Energy efficiency rating
- Simplified life cycle analysis
- Load calculation.
All Java enabled platforms: MAC-OS, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Global building analysis in real time
- User friendly
- Little time required for data input
Simplified calculation algorithm (monthly heat balance method)
Univ. of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland
+41 (0)22 546 26 91
Free site license for schools and universities
Professional license $940 (2012/01)
Order via website
French, German, Italian, other translations on request