Collection of seven small but useful engineering calculation programs:
- Power Factor Correction Calculator - Calculates the trigonometric relationships between power factor, kW, kVs and Amps for electric motors. Allows you to quickly find the nominal size capacitor needed to correct your AC motor's power to a desired power factor.
- Properties of Air - An electronic version of the Trane psychrometric chart. You enter any two properties of a known quantity of air and the program calculates several other properties.
- Mixed Air Properties - Enter information about two known quantities of air and the program returns properties for the mixture of the two quantities.
- Fluid Properties - Will return physical properties of five different fluids used in HVAC applications including water, ethylene glycol, and propylene glycol.
- Refrigerant Properties - Calculates several properties of ten commonly used refrigerants.
- Refrigerant Line Sizing - Combines refrigerant properties and piping design fundamentals. Computes line sizes for suction, discharge, and liquid lines of split systems using R-12 or R-22.
- Ductulator - An electronic version of the Trane® manual Ductulator®. Allows you to determine appropriate sizes for individual pieces of ductwork. Uses equal friction method for sizing.
Refrigerant line sizing, air properties, fluid properties, power factor correction, duct sizing
Basic knowledge of Windows navigation and specific properties of the situation to be analyzed.
Approximately 1000 users worldwide.
Engineers, system designers, and others looking for quick engineering results in a variety of applications.
Inputs vary depending upon which application is being used. In general, parameters include Rated Load Amps, air quantity, air temperature, pressure, refrigerant line length, duct friction rate, etc.
Output varies depending upon which application is being used. In general, calculated values include corrected power factor, properties such as viscosity, conductivity, and enthalpy, and recommended pipe or duct size.
PC-compatible, 486 or higher, Windows 95/98/2000/NT, 16 MB RAM, 25 MB free hard disk space.
Simple to use and navigate, with easy to read on-screen or printable output reports. Future Enhancements: Palm Pilot application, unit conversion calculator, fan law calculator, adding additional refrigerants to Refrigerant Properties & Refrigerant Line Sizing.
Limited number of refrigerants for line sizing. Output reports are not customizable.
3600 Pammel Creek Road
The cost for Trane Engineering Toolbox is $95 for a standard single license and $142.50 for a site/LAN license. Call the Support Center to receive special pricing for educational purposes or current promotional discounts. A yearly renewal fee of 23% of the purchase price entitles the customer to unlimited free phone support, as well as automatic updates and documentation. All Trane C.D.S. software programs have an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. "Patches" are also available for download from our web site, listed above. We offer on-site training at our headquarters in La Crosse, WI, as well as regional training at sites throughout the U.S. or at your office if you prefer. Contact the C.D.S. Support Center for more information. The C.D.S. department's Support Center is staffed by experienced HVAC engineers and specialists. Support Center hours are 8:00 AM-5:30 PM CT Monday-Thursday, and 8:00 AM-5:00 PM CT Friday.